sluh_1920x420.jpg

vse_july_1920x420_1.jpg

1920xE420.gif

friends_club.webp

aurian_jan23.jpg

hotubei

Audez'e LCD-2

Рекомендуемые сообщения

нет еще, НЕ5 надо к Роману ехать, а НЕ6 только у Кроноса имеются (и под них нет усилка)

Мои можно будет послушать и у Романа и в ДХ на НГ праздниках и там и там я побываю 100%. :) Очень хочется послушать HE-5 и LCD-2. :Yesyes:

Перед лицом Космоса большинство людских дел выглядят незначительными, даже пустячными. (с) Carl Edward Sagan

Поделиться сообщением

ну вот и послушаем :Yesyes:

Система:

Транспорт: Marantz 94 (с ламповым клоком), USB ART Legato

Источник: Demograf DAC 1547, Marantz 94 (плеер на 1541 с ламповой обвязкой)

Усилитель: Meier Audio Corda Symphony.2

Наушники: HD 580(recabl), DT 911, DT 901(recabl), HD 650(recabl), RS 180, DT 880(винтаж)

Кабеля межблочные, коаксиальный и акустический для HD650 от Demograf из "хитросплава", на HD580 литц, на DT 901 canare 4E5C

Портатив: iPhone -> затычки

Поделиться сообщением

When I first listened to the LCD-2, my comments were mostly positive. I thought it had a great soundstage, both size and imaging. Signature was a little dark, but that's okay, as I was comparing it to the Omega 2 that's also dark sounding. It seemed to be a great headphone for rock, and it still is now. It has one of the most awesome bass punch in headphones.

When I compared it the second time with the HE-6, and briefly T1 and HD800, I started to notice the lack of treble extension and low level details when compared to the other three headphones, but it was still a fun sounding headphones that plays rock really well.

Now that I have the LCD-2 in my possession, I'm spending more time with it and am learning more about its character.

I'm listening to the LCD-2 out of the Zana Deux, Grace m902, and the LM1875 Gainclone and I'm beginning to see hear more things that I didn't hear before.

1. The lack of extension really bothers me, even with relatively "easy" Rock recordings like U2's Joshua Tree or John Mayer's live in LA. I'm not asking for a HD800 level treble extension either, but the LCD-2's roll off point is very early for a $1,000 headphone.

2. Even with the Zana Deux which has a mildly forward midrange, the LCD-2's midrange is still not engaging enough for me.

3. Lack of low level details bother me as well. Not in the sense of a low level detail freak, but low level detail helps give the sense of ambiance a great deal, and the LCD-2 just doesn't have it. I'm not even comparing it to the T1 or the HD800, but the low level detail is far too low for a $1,000 headphone.

4. The timbre is quite off and it's annoying when you're listening to guitars, pianos, and such. I know it's hard to define a "perfect" timbre, but high end headphones are roughly fairly close in terms of timbre accurateness. The LCD-2's timbre is quite off compared to all of the high end headphones I've listened to. Surprising, as planars and wood housings should make a great recipe for a great timbre. Or so I thought.

5. When I last compared the LCD-2 to the HE-6, I started to notice that there is a certain reverb caused by the midrange and upper bass. I can't stand the reverb when I'm listening to a classical recordings. When the orchestra makes a big sound, then the reverb will be audible.

6. The LCD-2's midrange sounds congested when you're listening to medium to low volume. It's great on moderately high to loud volumes though.

7. Decay. The decay is a bit too short for simple instruments and acoustic pieces, simple drums, pianos, etc. Yes the transients are good, but I think the decay is too short to sound natural.

I understand that at the end of the day, musicality is what matters. And again, the LCD-2 continues to be a great recommendation for fast paced Rock. It has an awesome bass punch, PRaT, and the dark signature helps a lot with hot rock recordings. But for a $1,000 headphone, you'd expect some level of technicalities, even if it doesn't have to be the best score at every technical categories out there. And with the LCD-2, I think they have failed to meet that line.

Of course, if the LCD-2 happens to sound great with your music, than that's awesome. I think the LCD-2 has one of the most ideal frequency balance for most of the newer mainstream music out there. Awesome and tight bass, good PRaT, good soundstage and image, fairly laid back treble that compensates hot trebles very well. On the other hand, headphones like the HD800 and the T1 continues to get polarizing reviews due to their inability to match well with modern and mainstream music recordings. In a way I think the HE-6 has strikes a good balance between having a good enough technicalities and yet still sounding great with modern recordings. However, the center soundstage issue of the HE-6 prevents it to be the "perfect" headphone.

Если услышишь - здравствуй, если умеешь - чувствуй.

Поделиться сообщением

The issue with the HE-6 is that the soundstage doesn't form a good image with a proper focus in the center. You also feel that the soundstage information only exists on the left and the right side, with nothing being present in the area in front of you. I used to think that the LCD-2 is slightly better because it doesn't have this issue, but now I think the HE-6 is better because it has less faults than the LCD-2.

Ultimately we don't listen to technicalities, but we listen to the music. But I can assure you that if you've lived with the headphones and listen to it for a long term period, those faults will eventually be noticeable and they will get in the way of a more natural listening session.

Поделиться сообщением

I went to Mike's place to listen to his LCD-2 few days ago. I really enjoyed the sound and if not for the $1000 price tag, I would seriously consider it.

Starting off with ergonomics, fit, and design. I would rate them as average in all of these areas, pretty poor considering they are $1000. They are acceptable to good in comfort department, getting worse the longer you have them on. Maybe my expectation is too high, but for a $1000 I expect at least DT880's level of comfort. The woodwork and overall design lacks the soft touch I associate with a $1000 product. It feels DIY. Cable is stiff and above the Y split tangles (reminding me of same amateurish design of Grado).

Soundwise, remember that what I'll say below is in comparison against the HD800 and HE6 which was present. All the things I'll say below are using these two excellent headphones as the benchmarks, and I seriously think I need a more extended listening.

1. The LCD-2 has an almost spot-on engaging tonal balance for simple pop/rock or anything along those lines. It's like going to a rock concert (only more hi-fi) and has the perfect rumbling bass for those music, while staying perfectly in control. Regarding the bass extension, using some of the drum test tracks, I think they are perfectly fine. Upper bass can cause some annoying reverbs (maybe it's bad recordings) once in a while.

2. Midrange is just there... It's clear, but I don't think it's particularly resolving. Has the tendency to get less clear during more complex passages. I like HE6's more. HE6 also has more apparent and more resolving treble while still being quite smooth for those amount of treble. Some people say the LCD-2 has less than ideal amount of treble. I think it's quite fine with most tracks and the LCD-2 has a rather delicate and nimble treble feel to accompany its powerful bass. The combination is rather scintillating with the right music.

3. Decay is less than an issue for me as I also use a short decay Stax Lambdas. Sometimes I do hear less ambiance detail (room reflection, etc) with these kind of headphones; however, I also like their rather haunting and clean nature.

4. Piano definitely sounds slightly off (we're talking high-end realm here) to my ears. The note is very clear and articulate; however, I also think it's hyped toward the articulation but less so on the natural body or fullness that accompany it. Real piano doesn't sound nearly as articulate.

I think somebody needs to lent me an LCD-2 so I can listen to it longer :D . My overall impression is that the LCD-2 creates a very vivid sound with a lot of articulation, clarity, and really powerful bass. Everything sounds so perfect and clear by itself, but compared to $1000+ competitors, some subtlety is lost in the process. That still doesn't stop it from being a great headphone.

Поделиться сообщением

Интересные отзывы. Спасибо.

Home: Комп + FluxLab USB - S/PDIF конвертер + Demograf DIY DAC (TDA1540D керамика) + Demograf DIY AMP (двублочник на ECL82);

Наушники: Beyerdynamic DT901

Portative: A&K Kann, Etymotic ER-4S, ER4XR

смотрю на мир сквозь объектив

Поделиться сообщением

Drug

О мечте: НЕ-5/НЕ-6 не приходилось слушать?

нет еще, НЕ5 надо к Роману ехать, а НЕ6 только у Кроноса имеются (и под них нет усилка)

а может пентодничек подогнать ?

источники как транспорт: cd philips lhh600, mac mini i7, цап demograf cs4397, ушной усилитель tantal 3c24+perun, шп усилитель 4654+4a32u4, басовый усилитель el12+maxonic.

Поделиться сообщением

Question:

I was wondering if you could clarify what you meant about the bass performance of these two cans on the first page. You say the “HE-6 didn’t go as low as the LCD-2? but then you go on to say that the “HE-6 has better [bass] extension”, which is the exact opposite of your first description. So, which is it?

Also, could you elaborate on what you meant by: “in comparison to dynamic kings, the planars clearly fall short on many technicalities.” In particular, where did you feel the HD800s exceeded the planars?

Answer (Mike - headfonia):

"Let’s discuss the bass first.

The HE-6 is quite weak on low bass.

The LCD-2 is awesome on low bass.

But, on the HE6, having a weak low bass doesn’t mean that it doesn’t extend low. The HE-6 extends lower, but it just happens to not hit as hard on the low bass. And when I said the HE-6 didn’t go as low, I probably meant in terms of punch. (I need to re-write that part)

Does that makes sense?

Now the dynamics & planars question.

The one thing that planars have an edge is transients. But technicalities are more than that.

Low level detail is not very good on both planars, and even the Omega 2. Good transients sometimes give an impression of detail, but it’s not.

Then you have the treble extension, which the dynamics clearly pass ahead the planars, including the Omega 2.

Then you also have the problems with the soundstage image. The LCD-2 is the best among the HE-6 and O2, but it’s still nowhere close to the HD800’s soundstage imaging (and I’m not talking about soundstage size either).

Then the layering, the front-back presentation, the smoothness and refinement.

Also, I find the top dynamics to have a better ability to follow the recording and mastering (i.e sound forward on forward recordings, and laid back on laid back recordings), the Planars consistently present the same presentation that is inherent in the headphones. In a way this makes the Planars easier to like, as they are more consistent.

Lastly, with the LCD-2 I also find it to have reverbs which is an issue for classical music.

The Planars, and especially the O2, also have a very likable sound presentation with a very wide genre bandwith, where the dynamics are more limited in that sense. But for a reference, testing amplifiers and especially sources, the HD800 remains the headphone that lets me see the differences better.

At the end of the day, it all depends on the music. Most people listen to Pop and Rock, and they may not see the problems with the technicalities as if they were listening to Classical. The modern planars have passed a certain mark where their technicalities are good enough for the majority of music out there. Music is also more than technicalities. As good as the HD800 is, it can never play progressive Rock properly.

I re-read that paragraph about the bass, and it is indeed confusing. For now I’ve drawn a little graph to try to illustrate my point. (The Y-axis should be in dB.) I didn’t label the exact cut-off points, as my ears are not that sensitive. But the HE-6 bass would be similar to the top chart. Extends longer, but weaker. The LCD-2 is more powerful at lower frequencies, but cut off sooner, like the bottom chart."

6128a3b9_bass2.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

Drug

Балансный?

Мы легких путей не ищем. :D

Цифра: PC+SOtM tX-USB exp+SOtM dX-USB HD; Oppo BDP-93 -> DAC: Demograf DAC CS4397(+Amanero USB)/TDA1547|EL8; LevZ DAC-S-015КВ -> AMP: Demograf AMP ML6+AL4; LevZ HA-S-033; Shoker AMP V3 -> Уши: ТДС-15 Snorry mod; ТДС-7 Snorry mod ("ХС"); Sennheiser HD 580 ("ХС" + литцендрат); AKG K712 Pro; Beyerdynamic DT 911 (экз-р Demograf'а) АС: Demograf Speakers 4А-32-2 У4 (speaker cable "ХС")

Есть еще разное, но редко используется))

Было:

Много чего))

"А теперь, ребята, надо обязательно дунуть! Потому что, если не дунуть, чуда не произойдет!" (А.Акопян)

Поделиться сообщением

Drug

эксперты говорят, что лампа шестерки не потянет :think:

Система:

Транспорт: Marantz 94 (с ламповым клоком), USB ART Legato

Источник: Demograf DAC 1547, Marantz 94 (плеер на 1541 с ламповой обвязкой)

Усилитель: Meier Audio Corda Symphony.2

Наушники: HD 580(recabl), DT 911, DT 901(recabl), HD 650(recabl), RS 180, DT 880(винтаж)

Кабеля межблочные, коаксиальный и акустический для HD650 от Demograf из "хитросплава", на HD580 литц, на DT 901 canare 4E5C

Портатив: iPhone -> затычки

Поделиться сообщением

мне вот тоже интересно... у WA22 2Вт на выходе 4х пинового XLR - типа, созданы друг для друга, а на хедфае многие пишут, что он не тянет 6ки :angry: Может они там про прото говорят, а серийники сейчас легче пошли? Khronos, help! (aka Trinity, help :D) )

В Питере ни у кого в ближайшее время 6ки не появятся? (сорри за традиционный off-topic)

209895.png

Поделиться сообщением

В Питере ни у кого в ближайшее время 6ки не появятся? (сорри за традиционный off-topic)
KingFiercer же заказал, вот вот должны прийти. Уже наверное седня-завтра будет слушать. :music:

Ayon CD-5s >>> RSA Dark Star >>> Abyss Ab-1266

Поделиться сообщением

Drug

Леш раньше эксперты говорили что земля плоская. :stopit:

Например гм-70 с легкостью дубасил гробы легаси в сравнении с макинтошем. мак был мощьный но просто бубнел а гм дал четкий и разборчивый саунд. и это на роке и металургии. а вед всего 30 ватт на канал. все зависит от реализации. :drinks:

источники как транспорт: cd philips lhh600, mac mini i7, цап demograf cs4397, ушной усилитель tantal 3c24+perun, шп усилитель 4654+4a32u4, басовый усилитель el12+maxonic.

Поделиться сообщением

мне вот тоже интересно... у WA22 2Вт на выходе 4х пинового XLR - типа, созданы друг для друга, а на хедфае многие пишут, что он не тянет 6ки :angry: Может они там про прото говорят, а серийники сейчас легче пошли? Khronos, help! (aka Trinity, help :D) )

Все просто 2 Вт не из воздуха берутся, это соотношения тока и папряжения. Поэтому скорее всего W22 не хватает тока. Т.е. конкретно с HE-6 никакие он 2 Вт не выдает...

Перед лицом Космоса большинство людских дел выглядят незначительными, даже пустячными. (с) Carl Edward Sagan

Поделиться сообщением

Тяжеляк вообще не слушаю.

Самое тяжелое в моей аудиотеке - это Корн.

Сейчас врубил Issues.

:coll:

Не знаю, как будет звучать всякие дэты меты и т.п., но нью металл качает, товарищи.:coll:

P.S. а то я как-то все про джаз, да про джаз.

Поделиться сообщением

Жаль не везут официально к нам Не-6. Выход один купить обе пары не-6 и LCD-2 и выбрать лучшие. LCD-2 мне нравятся внешне очень.

Поделиться сообщением

Жаль не везут официально к нам Не-6. Выход один купить обе пары не-6 и LCD-2 и выбрать лучшие. LCD-2 мне нравятся внешне очень.

Некоторые время назад я так и сделал (только не с НЕ-6). :drinks:

Я внешне, кстати, сразу влюбился в Одиссеи, понравились гораздо больше 800-х и Т1.

У меня весь тракт с "деревяшками". Обожаю их. Уютная, душевная, домашняя атмосфера какая-то.

Поделиться сообщением

Я внешне, кстати, сразу влюбился в Одиссеи, понравились гораздо больше 800-х и Т1.

У меня весь тракт с "деревяшками". Обожаю их. Уютная, душевная, домашняя атмосфера какая-то.

Согласен полностью! :drinks:

Есть в Одиссеях что-то благородное, будто сделанны скрипичными мастерами!

Поделиться сообщением

Согласен полностью! :drinks:

Есть в Одиссеях что-то благородное, будто сделанны скрипичными мастерами!

К сожалению совсем не скрипичными ( в плане звука). :(

Поделиться сообщением

...."гундосыми" мастерами ;)!:drinks:

Не знаю, как в сравнении с 931-ми, но в сравнении с сегнхами, скрипки тут - что надо :good::notknow:

Поделиться сообщением

Нуу... :notknow:

Поделиться сообщением

Насчет 931 и 911 утверждать не могу, так как не слышал их :notknow:

Поделиться сообщением

Насчет 931 и 911 утверждать не могу, так как не слышал их :notknow:

Еще не вечер. ;)

Поделиться сообщением

Нуу... :notknow:

Попросите у Дмитрия уши (aka органы слуха) на время и узнаете как и что нужно в этом мире слышать. Он уже одалживал их Александру и некором другим с этого форума. Без его ушей ваш слух - зло, а любые наушники, которое нравятся вам - кусочеГ говна по определению. Ведь существет лишь один правильный слух, его просто нужно одолжить на время и откалибровать свое сознание :D)

209895.png

Поделиться сообщением

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

Загрузка...

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу

• Создать...

Важная информация

By using this site, you agree to our Условия использования.